We all loved to go out and play with out friends and neighbors but as we grew up the fun part ended and we were more bound to our laptops and cellphones. Overtime this starts to take a heavy toll on our health which we will talk about later, but recently I have been getting into some sports and just wanted to share why you should too.
These are outdoor sports so you will have to leave your home but the benefits are huge and you are going to see why it is in your best interest very soon.
Disc golf just the way name suggests is almost exactly like golf where the purpose is to finish the game in the least amount of tries. The difference is that you use discs or frisbees to finish the game rather then a golf club and ball.
Disc Golf Discs
The reason why I am suggesting disc golf is because it is cheap. You don’t need hundreds of dollars worth of clubs and memberships to start playing. Just get yourself some disc golf discs and head over to any open park and start playing. No fuss no huge expense to get started.
Discs are also quite cheap and can easily be available on Amazon so you don’t have to go hunting too. This removes the biggest obstacle out there that is expense, so now you have an easy way of going out in the fresh air to play.
Benefits of Disc Golf
- You get back into nature, with Sun on your head and fresh air from trees all around it is a great fun way of going out and spending time.
- It is cheap to get started in so no excuses about how much it is going to cost you.
- Disc golf helps in developing patience, you need to time your shots which takes time and practice.
- It is also a great socializing sport, community is very active and helpful towards each other so if you ever have any doubts feel free to interact and socialize with others.
Let’s jump into the second sport that I have fallen in love with and that is skateboarding.
We all know what skateboarding is but just incase you don’t, the basic stuff is that a board stuck with wheels and we ride around and do tricks with it.
I personally don’t like to do tricks but instead I choose to cruise around hanging out with my friends through the streets.
Basically you can either buy a complete deck on Amazon or you can go for just deck and then build it with your kind of skateboard wheels, trucks and bearings. It is all quite simple.
Benefits of Skateboarding
- The biggest benefit of skateboarding is Balance. You improve your balance as you start riding around.
- Posture improves, as your balance improves so does your posture. This is because your body is focused on correct positioning and thus you have to maintain good balance to stay on the board.
- Sun, air , and friends need I say more.
These are two sports that I have fallen in love recently, As many studies have suggested that continuous sitting and staring your phones can be very harmful, these sports have been a fun way of me leaving the house and getting some exercise and fresh air.